- Intel Mac running OSX 10.6 or higher
- Symbolic Sound Kyma x.87 with Paca, Pacarana or Capybara 320 sound design engine running most recent Kyma software and firmware
- A network connection between your Mac and Paca(rana); PacaProxy requires the Mac's built-in Airport or other second network interface
- MIDI connection between your Mac and your Capybara
- PacaConnect ONLY RUNS ON OSX 10.5 (Leopard) on G5 or Intel-based Macs
- Symbolic Sound Kyma x.87 with Paca or Pacarana sound design engine running most recent Kyma software and firmware
- A network connection between your Mac and Paca(rana); PacaProxy requires Mac's built-in Airport or other second network interface
KymaConnect vs. PacaConnect
PacaConnect has a subset of KymaConnect's features. PacaConnect should be your choice ONLY if your Mac is running OSX 10.5 (Leopard). PacaConnect only works on this system. KymaConnect only runs on Intel Macs running OSX 10.6 or higher.
KymaConnect has these additional features:
- Supports both Paca(rana) and Capybara Kyma systems; PacaConnect only works with Paca(rana) sound engines
- Allows connection and routing of up to 4 external MIDI devices to/from the Paca(rana) or Capybara; PacaConnect allows up to 2 to/from the Paca(rana)
- Includes advanced MIDI capabilities and customization, including channel mapping
- Enhanced OSC command set
Want to try KymaConnect?
Request KymaConnect demo
Click here for FAQ'sView the KymaConnect user manual (pdf)View the PacaConnect user manual (pdf)
In addition to operation directions, the KymaConnect manual includes:
- descriptions of common situations where KymaConnect can enhance your Kyma setup
- diagrams of network configuration examples in studio or live performance use
Having some networking issues? Click here
to learn how to set up a more robust network between a Paca(rana) and Mac
Looking for PacaMidi?
PacaMidi is no longer offered for sale. KymaConnect and PacaConnect include PacaMidi's features plus much more.